Thursday, November 29, 2012

Who I Am and What I'm Doing

My name is Kelly Hugger. I am a 29 year old homemaker with a fabulous husband and three amazing, rambunctious boys ages 4, 2 and 4 months. I am a housekeeper, a teacher, a lover, a friend, a seamstress, a singer, and so many other things that it would take a whole new post just for my detailed job description! Among my many duties, I am the caretaker of my health and the health of the four people whose lives are entrusted to my care. I do not take this responsibility lightly and I've spent a lot of time in trial and error in order to feed myself and my family well. Unfortunately, there are so many conflicting studies and opinions, it's enough to make you go mad!

Enter: Trim Healthy Mama to the rescue! I had heard of this book several years ago not long after the birth of my first son, and when it came out a few months ago, I knew I had to check it out. What I didn't know is that for the first time, all the conflicting information about health, weight and wellness would be settled into a very scientifically sound and very sane way to eat and exercise. I began the plan one month ago and decided to write this blog to show my success, to encourage others currently using the plan, and to offer a ray of hope to those who are out there wondering if they'll ever be healthy.

In this blog, I will give tips, some recipes, photos of the delicious food (and some of my mishaps too for laughs) and chronicle my progress towards forever healthy. However, this blog is, in no way, a substitution for the information that is found in the book, Trim Healthy Mama. This book is the 5 year effort of Serene Allison and Pearl Barrett. They poured their hearts into making this information accessible to even the busiest and budget-crunched mothers. Their approach to eating and the science behind it are explained in detail in the first part of the book. This is a MUST read for anyone, even if you aren't a "mama"! 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly! Found your blog from the THM facebook page. Keep it up, I think this is a great idea! I have been using the plan for about a month and totally love it! I was totally Farm Fresh Tess. I feel like I just had to tweek a couple things in my diet, but man what a difference it's made! I feel SO much better!
    Happy eating and slimming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog! I'd have to say that I was somewhere on the path from Drive Thru Sue to Farm Fresh Tess. I held the belief that every meal had to include a bread/grain/starch of some sort along with the meat and vegetable. I had no idea what kind of damage I was doing to my waistline!

      So glad to hear you're feeling better, I have also been a much happier and energetic mama since eating this way.

      Happy eating and slimming to you as well!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I am so thankful I found this blog! Thanks for sharing :) I think I want to get the book and see if this works for me! I have an almost 8 month old and am ready to lose the rest of this baby weight!! :) you are definitely inspiring!
    Blessings :)
    Katy

    ReplyDelete