Monday, December 10, 2012

Accountability Monday

As painful as it is, I'm just going to let the cat out of the bag in a very straight forward way...

I did NOT fare well while out of town. There. I confessed. I feel better now.

I don't know if it was the grief that clouded my resolve. Or if it was the over abundance of food that was delivered to my aunt's house at every meal. Or perhaps it was because Southern cuisine is notoriously lacking of much that isn't breaded or sweetened or thrown into a casserole that contains who knows what. Seriously, for those of you who may be unaware of the culture down there, sipping sweet tea is a regional past time!

I spent the entire plane ride home devising excuses and reasoning with myself as to why I allowed this crazy time to get the better of me. And then I got back to my internet. And I visited the THM fan page. And I read Serene's encouragement, "How to Choose Health When Life is Crazy". Her words, "mute the excuses and take action" truly touched my heart and I knew exactly what I had to do. And so, in spite of an illness, I made my next meal "on plan". I am neither excusing myself nor beating myself up, I am determinedly moving forward.

Now that I've cleared the air, I can get on with.....

ACCOUNTABILITY MONDAY!

Every Monday I will post a photo of my progress, my weight and my jeans size. I will also give an account as to what days I exercised and whether or not I went off plan during the week. The accountability of our community is so key for me!

Here goes nothing!

When I began Trim Healthy Mama about six weeks ago, my stats were:
Weight - 192
Jeans Size - 14 ... ok, so maybe I should've been wearing a 16. Those 14's were awfully tight, but I would rather have died than have to go shopping for size 16 clothes. The snug jeans were a good reminder as to why I was starting this plan in the first place!

Unfortunately I don't have a good picture of myself from then. So here are my first progress shots, taken last night:



Today my stats are:
Weight - 181
Jeans Size - 14 ... but a much looser 14. I'm almost a 12!

Last week, I did not exercise at all. This coming week my goal is to do the SPEW and Body Resistance Max 5 times.

Would anyone else like to share their progress? Let's encourage each other to stay the course!





18 comments:

  1. Hi! I love this idea! To be honest, I've been off plan just a little lately. My in laws on
    insisted on buying my children lunch the other day then got upset when they wouldn't eat the spicy nachos so i got stuck eating them and they were terrible! Not even worth cheating for! The sushi my husband took me to the other day was totally worth it though! I'm not sure exactly how much I've lost but when i started i was a solid 14 and now I'm a tight but not uncomfortable 12. My husbandno longer fits in his 38s. I'm planning to do Spew for the first time this week and getting out my kettle bell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read your blog yesterday and came across the article you wrote for Above Rubies Magazine. I was so blessed by it. Stay the course, girl!

      Delete
  2. I did the SPEW this morning, and my oh my it ALWAYS kicks my booty! I don't have kettle bells yet, but I really want some! You'll have to let me know how your workouts go. :) Congrats on the weight loss and way to go to your husband too. It's such a great feeling to go down a size isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done! I shared my results practicing Trim Healthy Mama on my blog here:

    http://nicole-blissfullyblessed.blogspot.com/2012/12/trim-healthy-mamabook-review-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to check it out, Nicole (it's on my nap time agenda)! I am going to try to do a "link up" on Friday for the THM bloggers. :)

      Delete
  4. Love the idea of this blog! I was so excited to get my THM book, followed the plan for about two weeks, and then quit for about two weeks. I'm 20 weeks pregnant and have gained about 4 pounds. I don't need to gain too much since I started about 150 and am 5'9". I know following the plan will help keep my weight gain the right amount the next 20 weeks. I'm definitely following your blog for motivation! Thank you
    Renae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I pray that this pregnancy will be a blessed and healthy time for you and your baby!

      Delete
  5. You're doing great! I'm blogging my way through @ http://onetrimhealthymama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm planning for blog reading during the children's nap time! On Friday I am going to try to figure out how to do some sort of "link up" post for everyone posting their journeys on blog-land.

      Delete
  6. I love that you're blogging about your THM progress Kelly! Good for you! I bought the book at the Alberta retreat this fall and have been following it for a month or so. I LOVE it! I'll blog about it soon because its been on my mind. I'll let you know wheni do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly - Can't wait for your blog! I am going to try to figure out how to do a "link up" list on Fridays for others who are blogging about the same journey. It looks like several of us are doing this and I LOVE it! Btw, totally jealous that you got to attend an Above Rubies retreat! I keep hoping there will be one in my area, but thus far, they have all been a long way away.

      Delete
  7. Love the idea of an accountability blog link up. I just got my book on Monday, and am 18 weeks pregnant so for now I just want to minimize my weight gain since I started the pregnancy at 198lb and I'm only 5ft 2in.

    I've been planning to start adding THM posts to my blog in January so I can record a year on the THM journey. Thank you for being brave enough to start the public accountability. And you look like you're making real progress, even though you were off plan a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Team Conrad - Congrats on your pregnancy! I hope it's going well and I pray health over you and your baby. I have a super hard time with pregnancy weight gain, as I become more insulin resistant while pregnant. My last pregnancy I gained 50 lbs, and that was GOOD for me! I love how the book gives you a strategy for pregnancy! My son is only 4 months old, but I'm looking forward to being pregnant again because I feel like I have the tools now to do it RIGHT!

      Delete
  8. I was so excited when I read your blog! You and I started nearly the SAME time, at the SAME exact weight,and the SAME jeans size! It will be so much fun to follow you!!! I have cheated more than I should and got a slow start with family coming in from out of state my first week (I was NOT prepared to cook THM for everyone at the time), etc. I've started some exercising now, though! I weighed this morning at 188 lb.and 42% body fat. Could you tell us how tall you are and what your body fat percentage is? I am 4'3".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clair - I am 5' 4" and while I'm not sure of my body fat %, my BMI is 31.1, which is considered to be OBESE! Yikes! How did you calculate your body fat %? In the Mondays to come I will post my BMI along with my other stats. I'd like to see that number somewhere around 23. And I totally hear you on the slow start! But I think once we become more accustomed to cooking this way it will come more naturally to feed a crowd with slimming foods.

      Delete
  9. Thank You Kelly and Serene very much!!! I read Serene's post last week, and yours today!! Good reminders. I have been stalling in my Pilates workouts, and feeling the ill effects. My lower back hurts, low energy, and feelings of guilt. I live in Alaska, the days have been dark, we have all been in the house more, and the cravings for rich carby foods has been strong. At this point I am not going to make any more excuses or feel guilty. I am going to simply do! Everyday find a little beginning, and start there.
    I am starting at a size 10/12 about 5'5 and weigh about 160 give or take, so here we go on this journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job!!! I love reading other people's journeys on THM!! It's very encouraging. I will be following your journey! I, too, am blogging my journey at trimmerhealthiermomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, how are you doing? You haven't given up have you? Don't give up!!! You are encouraging us all and we can do this!!!

    ReplyDelete