Ok, back to reality! While my husband regularly helps me make time for relaxing moments, it's just not possible in the heat of the day, when the toddler is begging for a snack and the baby has figured out how to eat the paper that the preschooler put in his face.
But today, I enjoyed an S snack, right at that 11:00 hour when the pre-nap crazies ensue, that truly took me away to foreign seas. No need for locking doors and aromatherapy! I paired the Rustic Eggplant Dip, page 404 Trim Healthy Mama, and Joseph's Crackers with an adapted recipe of Green Chai Tea to fit within S guidelines. Oh, wow, was it amazing!
I felt as if I was enjoying my meal in an outdoor cafe on the Mediterranean coast. While the dip and crackers were truly wonderful, what sent this meal over the top was the creamy Green Chai Tea I adapted from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. If you get around to making this dip, you really must spend a few extra moments making this chai. It's super easy!
Creamy Green Chai Tea
- Boil 3/4 C water and add 2 tea bags. Remove from heat and steep 5 minutes.
- Add a small pinch each of Cardamom, Ginger and Nutmeg. Return to low heat and simmer for a couple minutes.
- Add 1/4 C Unsweetened Almond Milk and a generous splash of Heavy Cream. Add plan approved sweetener to taste (I added 2t Truvia and 2 shakes Nunaturals because I like my tea really sweet).
- While simmering, whisk in just a small pinch of Glucomannan Powder to make this tea delectably creamy. But, not too much or you'll turn your creamy tea into chai sauce!
- Top with stevia sweetened whipped cream and Nutmeg if desired.
Now, sit back and enjoy your tea, dip and crackers. With this treat it won't matter what kind of havoc your lovely children may be wreaking in the background, because you'll be basking in salty Mediterranean breezes!
So, I had to include this photo of my three adorable boys. To look at them it is easy to wonder how I could possibly find myself longing for reprieve! Thankfully, I was able to enjoy my moment in their company...and those are the BEST moments of all!